Birds are very freedom-loving creatures, so outdoor bird aviary is the best option for them to live in the captivity. They are able to fly freely and the size of such a home allows keeping them in flocks. They are not prone to stress, as in small cages and it increases their ability to breeding. It is also a good variant for the man, because it is easy in cleaning and there is no need to feed and take care of each bird separately, you can do it at one stroke saving your spare time.
There are two types of such outdoor aviaries: temporary and permanent. Temporary type is a seasonal open-air cage where its inhabitants live in the warm months and the permanent one is used for all-year living, because it is usually equipped with floor and wall heating.
Today manufacturers offer great variety of readymade outdoor aviaries. They will do everything according to your individual order using modern materials and technologies. But it should be noted that this service is not cheap. But you can make it with your own hands. All you need is some free time and the desire to make a good home for your pets.
There are special outdoor bird aviary plans which will help you to make a handmade home for your pets.
- First of all it is necessary to choose the right place. As it carries not only practical, but also decorative function, it would be nice to place it in the garden or patio not far from the house for you and your guests can admire its beauty.
- Choose the necessary materials. You can use glass, aluminum, steel and plastic mesh, live plants inside, acrylic, wood and others. The main outdoor bird aviary kits are: wood, metal angle, rod and wire mesh.
- Clean and prepare the place for the construction.
- Mount the fixed bearing and put grid on them.
- Make the inner arrangement and prepare the place for living.
The best birds for outdoor aviary are pheasants, partridges, peacocks, goldcrests, doves, parrots and some others.