First of all, bird aviary plans are necessary to start the work. Everything should be calculated accurately, because any failure would lead to the quality loss and building problems at each following stage. When you decide to make a handmade cage, you should know that it can be of different sizes, depending on the available free space in the house, the number and size of your feathered friends.
So, there is an example of one possible outdoor bird aviary plans, which may help to make the work easier and save your money:
- Choose the place and the materials. You can place it either in the garden or in the yard. Anyway, the place should be sunny enough and protect the inhabitants of the cage from the gnawing animals.
- Choose the materials. Using diy bird aviary plans take into account that there is a great variety of materials today. For example, the frame can be made of wood, metal, plywood.
- Mount the fixed bearing. First of all it is necessary to make a scoop in the ground. The depth will depend on the height and the parameters of the whole structure. The easiest way to make it is to use the drilling tool. Then you should place four fixed bearings, which should not rise above the ground more than 1.5-2 meters. Build up a metal angle on them to make the desired height.
- Set the grid. It can be made of almost any alloy. It just should be clean and safe for the inhabitants of the aviary. Usually manufacturers use grid made of galvanized or stainless steel with the cells of 16×48 cm or 25×50 cm. The thickness of the rods can be 2-3 mm.
- Make the inner arrangement. You can use perches and ladders, swings and stands for nests, feeders and water dishes to make the life of your feathered friends better and more comfortable.
So, if you value your time, money and affords, you should surely use building plans for a bird aviary.